This is just a sampling of important projects that are waiting to happen. Your involvement just could be what pushes these projects out of the planning stages and onto the street.
- Advocating for construction of the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Scenic Trail Network, in conjunction with Friends of the Rail Trail. The corridor was acquired in October 2012, and the Trail Network Master Plan is expected to be approved in 2013.
- Building a bike path connecting Broadway and Brommer Streets: after years of work, the EIR has been approved and construction is expected to begin in Spring 2013.
- Mar Vista Bike-Pedestrian Bridge: the EIR for a bridge spanning Highway 1 at Mar Vista in Aptos, is scheduled to be approved late 2013.
- Amendments to the Morrissey Bridge over Highway 1: The bridge should be modified, with a wider sidewalk and a stop sign, creating a safe route for pedestrians and bikes crossing Highway 1.
- East Cliff Esplanade: Plans continue to be championed by Bill Simpkins (of Simpkins Swim Center).
- Assisting Rails to Trails in designing the section of rail trail between Santa Cruz and Felton.
- Supporting efforts to create car-free space on Pacific Avenue and prevent the conversion of Pacific Ave. to two-way traffic.
- Continuing educational efforts regarding sensible and sustainable transportation.